We have a further opportunity within our Mat Products team. We are one of the UK market leaders in sedum and wildflower mat products and this area of our business has grown significantly over the last 12 months. We are constantly developing our range and looking to diversify further.
- To forward plan tasks for the pre harvesting/harvesting team in conjunction with the Mat Products Manager.
- To organise casual labour teams as required to cover daily harvest requirements
- To carry out tractor driving, fork truck and harvesting of mat products, shunter/trailer driving.
- To monitor and maintain all quality standards whilst harvesting
- To react quickly and effectively on the orders to ensure customer needs are satisfied
- To ensure product is of the grade and standard for the customers’ needs
- To monitor stock levels alongside Mat Products Manager.
- Provide consistent, efficient communications with despatch, head office sales and manger
- Loading of lorries
- General maintenance of machinery in line with Machinery manuals
- Maintenance of Pallets, Pallet ordering and monthly stock count
- Completion of relevant daily harvest data recording and paperwork
- Ability to manage people essential
- Strong organisation skills and an eye for detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to last-minute changes
- A passion for horticulture with a desire to innovate and broaden our product offering
- Prior forklift/telehandler experience desirable though not essential
- Prior supervisory/management experience desirable though not essential
- Please note both roles are physically demanding as there is an element of manual labour involved in all stages of mat product production and harvest.
- We expect all our staff to be multi-skilled, team players and be able and willing to be involved in all aspects of the farm, including the arable operations.
- We are looking for punctual, reliable and hard-working individuals who wish to pursue a career in the horticulture and agricultural industry.
Please note this role requires a level of overtime to meet business requirements. A Driving License is essential. You must have your own transport for this position due to a lack of public transport near to the farm sites and the requirement to be very flexible with working times and locations.
Remuneration: Competitive and in-line with experience
– 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
– Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme,
– Life Assurance policy after probation period
– Full Uniform upon satisfactory completion of probation period
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please send your CV to email@example.com